This summer, it will be easier than ever for fans to follow the action, take part in the fun and stay informed at Rogers Cup presented by National Bank. Starting today, the 2018 edition of the official tournament mobile app is available for download via the App Store and Google Play. The Rogers Cup app provides spectators with the latest news and tournament updates, exclusive games and chances to win prizes and easy navigation to the stadiums.
“The digital component is becoming more and more important in professional sports and tennis is no exception. Fans are consuming the sport in different ways, most notably on their phones. We want to be at the forefront of this trend and I believe that we are making strides towards this goal with our mobile app this year,” said Eugène Lapierre, Rogers Cup Montreal tournament director. “Fan favourites such as the Bracket Challenge and Streak Challenge presented by Fila are returning to the app. There are also some exciting new innovations that we are very excited about. It is definitely a must-download for anyone attending Rogers Cup.”
The updated app will accompany fans from the minute they leave the house as they make their way to the tournament. Partnering once again with the popular community-based traffic and navigation app WAZE, the parking assistant feature will direct ticketholders to the various parking lots. In Toronto, the app will also then let fans know when to expect the next shuttle bus to take them right to Aviva Centre.
Tons of prizes to be won
Rogers Cup spectators will have plenty of opportunities to engage with the tournament and win prizes thanks to four games in the app:
- Bracket Challenge: Once the main draws for the tournaments are released the evening of Friday August 3, fans are encouraged to visit the app and fill out their brackets, predicting who will win every match right through to the final. A perfect bracket will win a lucky participant one million dollars, but if it goes unclaimed, the best overall score will still go home as the winner of a trip to next year’s Rogers Cup.
- Streak Challenge presented by Fila: Individuals can answer a series of prediction questions about each day’s matches with the goal of accumulating as many correct answers in a row as possible. The longest streak at the end of the tournament will see the winner travel to the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells, California next year.
- Trivia: This game will issue a series of trivia questions. Fans collect points by successfully answering the questions which they can then use towards a variety of prizes in the Tennis Canada Rewards Store.
- Challenges: By completing a variety of challenges, individuals can accumulate points to be exchanged for prizes at the Tennis Canada Rewards Store.
- Rewards Store: New this year, the Tennis Canada Rewards Store will be present on the tournament site. Fans will be able to pick up their prizes by visiting the official booth.
Fan experience enhanced with Fan Stream and in-seat service
The fan experience is central to the Rogers Cup app and this is highlighted by the enhanced Fan Stream feature. People will be able to ask questions to the tournament staff as well as to other fans using the app. This is a great way for users to not only communicate with the tournament, but also with each other, creating a fan community.
In order not to miss a single minute of action, the in-seat service feature offers spectators sitting in the lower bowls of the main stadium in Montreal and the entire main stadium in Toronto the opportunity to order food directly to their seats from the app. Orders will be delivered during changeovers. Unique in the world of tennis, this feature upgrades the way fans consume the sport.
“We are constantly looking for ways to improve our tournament and the app is a prime example of our innovation efforts. In 2018, it is certainly a crucial element to the fan experience, providing people with quick access to important information as well as a number of entertaining and interactive features,” said Karl Hale, Rogers Cup Toronto tournament director. “We always want the very best for all our fans and I believe that this year’s version of the app will not disappoint.”
Free Wi-Fi will continue to be available to all spectators on-site at Rogers Cup, so everyone can make use of all the upgraded app features.
Something for the players
The mobile app has been updated to not only enhance the fan experience, but also the player experience. There will be three services offered to players: a general concierge to answer all of their needs; transportation, so they can schedule their transport services in advance; and practice scheduling, digitalizing the way practice courts are reserved. In fact, instead of having to call the player services desk like at most tournaments, players can now book courts directly from their phones. This secured and exclusive feature will be available for the WTA players in Montreal.
Owned and operated by Tennis Canada, the prestigious Rogers Cup presented by National Bank attracts the biggest stars in tennis year after year. In 2018, the men’s event will take place at the Aviva Centre in Toronto from August 4 to 12, while the women’s event will take place at IGA Stadium in Montreal from August 3 to 12. For tickets and additional information, please visit rogerscup.com or couperogers.com. Sportsnet is the official English broadcaster and TVA Sports is the official French broadcaster of the 2018 Rogers Cup
For more information click here.