From Friday, August 3 to Sunday, August 5, 2018, the IGA Family Weekend will be held at the Rogers Cup presented by National Bank. For the occasion, many activities will be offered to spectators, and this, totally free. Here are 10 reasons why you can’t miss the IGA Family Weekend:
- Because you’ll get to root for Alexandre Barrette, Jean-Thomas Jobin, Mariana Mazza, Jean-René Dufort and two WTA stars as they duke it out in a celebrity tennis match at 2 p.m. on Friday, August 3.
- Because you can catch your favourite NHL players as they work their magic in a ball hockey game presented by Knapper at 2 p.m. on Saturday, August 4.
- Because you’ll get to see Montréal Impact and WTA players up close. At 2 p.m. on August 5, catch a soccer match featuring MLS and tennis stars.
- Because you’ll get an inside look at how the world’s best tennis players train. Between 11 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. on August 3, Simon Halep and her coach Darren Cahill will be on hand for a commented training session so fans can see how the pros hone their skills.
- Because children can enter to win a pair of tickets to a 2019 Rogers Cup match by filling in their IGA Family Weekend Passport.
- Because you can watch your favourite players go head-to-head in an olympiad organized on Saturday, August 4 and Sunday, August 5 in the Tennis Canada Zone.
- Because you’ll finally be able to try wheelchair tennis. From 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on August 5, get to know more about the sport firsthand.
- Because you can cheer on the WTA pros who will fight for one of the 12 spots reserved for qualifiers in the main draw of Rogers Cup presented by National Bank. Excellent players are set to compete in the preliminary event and their battles promise to be fierce.
- Because you can ask top WTA players for their autograph.
- Because all these fantastic activities are free! Don’t miss the IGA Family Weekend!
See you on Friday!